Wednesday, August 18, 2010

10 Best Hollywood Movie Monologues

with 1 comments


Monologues are, quite simply, a long speech delivered by one actor in a play or movie,which are often used to bring other characters or the audience up to speed on important plot developments or character motives. In a monologue the character speaks his or her thoughts aloud, directly addressing another character, or speaking to the audience, especially the former., which is distinct from a soliloquy where a character relates his or her thoughts and feelings to him/herself and to the audience without addressing any of the other characters.


Recently I've read so many articles on which are the greatest monologue in the movie history. The list given here is not one of them because this I simply a list of my favourite monologues..My selection criteria is that whether the monologue was enjoyable and relevant to the film as a whole. It also helped if the dialogue within was highly quotable and possibly articulated by an iconic actor.


Some of my selections include dialogue from another actor on screen, which would disqualify them from being pure monologues. But for the most part, it's just the one person talking. And besides, these are my favorites, not yours.
You will obviously have your own opinion on this kind of list, so make sure you get extremely angry that I left something out and leave a comment about it. Thanks, enjoy.
10.





9.






8.






7.






6.






5.






4.






3.






2.






I'm still trying to decide which is my best monologue of all time. Please check this page again later. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    As you said, these were not pure monologues, but most of them were quite impactful and does leave u in awe of the character, my personal fav amongst these was from 'snatch'.

adbrite